Experts tell you what is modified plastic?
What is modified plastic? Modified plastics refer to plastic products that are processed by filling, blending, reinforcing and other methods on the basis of common plastics and engineering plastics to improve the properties of flame retardancy, strength, impact resistance, toughness and the like.
The modified plastic parts can not only achieve the strength performance of some steel products, but also have a series of advantages such as light weight, rich colors and easy molding. Therefore,'Plastic instead of steel' The trend has emerged in many industries, and it is almost impossible to find a material to replace plastic products on a large scale at this stage.
modified plastics have been applied in more and more downstream fields due to their superior cost performance. It can be said that modified plastics have become a consumption trend, the following five factors are hidden behind this trend:
1. High performance: Modified plastics not only have the advantages of traditional plastics, such as low density, corrosion resistance, etc. , but also have good physical and mechanical properties, for example, high strength, high toughness, high impact resistance, wear resistance and earthquake resistance. In addition, the improvement of comprehensive properties of plastics provides a basis for its wide application in downstream fields.
2. Low cost: compared with other materials, plastic benefits from the advantages of high production efficiency and low density, and has lower cost. The cost per unit volume of plastic is only about one tenth of that of metal.
3. Government policy: China's implementation3C' The compulsory certification system strictly stipulates the safety performance of products in the catalogue, thus promoting the wide application of flame retardant plastics in household appliances, IT, communications and other fields.
4. Consumption upgrading: With the improvement of living standards, people begin to pursue more excellent product performance and require household appliances and other products to be more beautiful, safe and durable, thus putting forward higher requirements for the upstream plastic industry, it is required to have better processability, mechanical properties, durability and safety.
5. Technical factors: more than 1000 kinds of polymers have been found in the world, but only dozens of them have real application value. The development of new polymers not only has huge investment, but also has uncertain application prospect; On the contrary, modification technology can not only improve the performance of existing polymers to meet the needs of the industry, but also reduce the cost of some high-priced engineering plastics, becoming an effective way to develop the plastic industry.