Geotextile, also known as geotextile fabric, is a permeable geotextile synthetic material made of synthetic fiber by needling or weaving. Geotextile is one of the new geosynthetic materials. The finished product is cloth, generally 4-6 meters in width and 50-100 meters in length. The geotextiles are divided into spun geotextiles and spun rayon geotextiles.
The function of geotextile: Filtration, drainage, isolation
1. High-strength plastic fibers can maintain sufficient strength and elongation under dry and wet conditions.
2. Corrosion resistance: Corrosion resistance can help the geotextile be of prolonged service life in soil and water with different PH levels.
3. Good water permeability: There is space between fibers, so it has good water seepage performance.
4. Good antimicrobial resistance: The materials are resistant to insects like microorganism and insect moth.
5. Convenient construction: Because the material is light and soft, therefore this material makes transportation, laying projects, and construction convenient.